Interesting Technology Facts
- Alaska is the only state in America that can be typed on one row of a traditional English QWERTY keyboard.
- The Apple II had a hard drive of only 5 megabytes when it was launched.
- In general, people tend to read as much as 10% slower from a screen than from paper.
- Ubuntu is one of the more popular distributions of Linux. The word Ubuntu comes from an African word meaning “I am because of you”.
- The Name “Macintosh” Was Inspired by an Apple with the name “mcintosh”.
- In 1932 Professor August Dvorak created the Dvorak keyboard, which was made to be superior to the standard QWERTY keyboard.
- Doug Engelbart created the very first computer mouse from wood in 1964.
- Christopher Sholes invented the QWERTY keyboard in 1868.
- The Apple Lisa was the first commercial computer with a graphical user interface (GUI) and a mouse.
- The Apple Lisa was released in June 1983.
- In 1822, Charles Babbage created the first computer.
- 1024 Gigabytes is equal to 1 Terabyte.
- 1024 Terabytes is equal to 1 Petabyte.
- 1 Petabyte can hold 13.3 years of HD-TV video.
- 86% of people try to plug their USB devices upside down.